Tuesday, 27 August 2019: 7:00pm - 8:30pm
Victoria Morgan Arts Centre (VMAC)
The SEEDS Project presents Youth Focus: A Conversation about Mental Health. Youth Focus engages with communities to educate and build awareness about youth mental health issues and suicide prevention. Their mission is to reduce youth suicide by lowering depression, anxiety and self-harm for at risk 12-25 year olds.
A key priority of education is to de-stigmatise mental health issues for young people so they are empowered to seek help and to lead full lives.
The Youth Focus session will focus on:
· Facts about mental illness
· Challenges of adolescence
· What is mental health/mental illness
· Causes of mental illness
· Depression and anxiety
· How can you help yourself or someone else
· Mental illness and suicidal thoughts
· How to maintain good physical and mental health
BOOK NOW FOR YOUTH FOCUS